Blue Wolf’s LED Post Cap Inserts are made out of durable 6061-T6 aluminum – not plastic. They are strong, light weight, and have a life expectancy of over 40,000 hours. Since they’re designed to be durable and nonbreakable, these Post Cap inserts can easily replace older and inferior plastic inserts. This means lower operating cost, and no FOD (Foreign Object Debris) pieces that have to be accounted for when an older plastic one breaks. The spring loaded contact provides a durable positive contact which accommodates “wear” from older bases along with an enormous gain in life from the LED light source. This Post Cap Insert is durable, light weight and most importantly – not made of plastic! It’s perfect for any cockpit, boating, ground vehicle, cargo bay area, military land vehicle, or tank that requires unique LED lighting.
• Voltage: 28/14/5 Vdc or Vac
• Current: ~16 mA
• Mass: 0.07 oz.
• Material: Anodized black 6061-T6 Aluminum
• DOD-160 section 8, CAT U, Figure 8-7
• MIL-STD 3009 compliant if NVIS White/NVG color option is chosen
• NSN 6220-01-515-7225
• NSN 6220-01-576-4194
• Easy Install
• Spring bottom for positive contact
• Low heat output (LED Light)
• Designed and Manufactured in the USA