The Tricom Research Tactical Radio Repeater and Communications System is a fly away repeater and communications kit for use with the Harris AN/PRC‐152A (and Thales AN/PRC‐148 when factory is notified at time of order) family of Multi‐Band Handheld Radios. It allows an operator to rapidly set up a LOS, SATCOM, or Wideband communications link in various scenarios including military and commercial vehicles or “TOC in a Box” applications in the field or shelters.
The two radios can be operated independently or set up as a repeater by connecting them with a retransmission cable (user supplied). In a repeater application the TX side radio is amplified by a TCR‐MBA‐50 WB Wideband/Multi‐Band RF amplifier using a custom heatsink for forced air cooling. The system consists of a TCR‐MBA‐50 amplifier, connections for two BB‐2590 style batteries (user supplied) with integrated battery chargers, and a 115/230 VAC power supply. The enclosure includes an egress panel for easy access to antenna, handset, PA remote and input power connections and forced air cooling of the amplifier and radios allows the system to be operated with the case closed for environmental protection.
- Up to 50 Watts transmit power output (User selectable)
- Auto frequency selection
- Highly portable
- Multi‐Band 30‐512Mhz
- Wide Band Operation 225‐450Mhz
- Automatic switching, UPS capability when external DC or AC power is lost
- Automatic battery bypass with external DC or AC power applied
- Backup battery status indicator with integrated battery charging
- Microprocessor controlled DC power and cooling system.
- Custom PA heat sink for more efficient fan cooling operation in a splash proof case (when lid is closed)
- Automatic PA DC mode of operation based on DC voltage source (battery, commercial vehicle 12
- 14 VDC or military vehicle 24‐28 VDC)
- USB interface for PA remote
- Supports TCR‐SPK‐02 Dual Net Amplified Speaker